Tuesday 28 January 2014

New in my beauty stash #1

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
There were some sales going the last time I was in Müller with my boyfriend. We had some time to kill so we wandered around for a little bit. My lovely boyfriend treated me to some bits and pieces as a little gift (-isn't he the best!) and I decided to share them with you. 



I've been looking for a new white nail polish since my last one ran out. From time to time I love a simple clean look of plain white nails. But finding one opaque enough has proven to be quite a challenge. This Maybelline Colorama one seemed quite promising and I was really happy to find it. The first application was quite sheer, but with the second coat it looked quite nice. That was until they dried into a horrible mess of bubbliness.  Only a few hours after application, little air bubbles started forming on my nails, and continued to appear until my nails looked like some sort of side effect of a horrible disease. I took the polish of and decided to give it another chance, but the second time was just as horrible as the first time. It’s strange since I really like some of the other colors from the same line, but anyways, I really don’t like this one and I wouldn’t recommend it.


The second thing I tried was the Stay Matte lip cream by Essence. I've been eyeing them for a while now and after I heard and read so many people raving about this product, I had to try one. I chose this nude-ish color in 01 Velvet rose. After trying it for a few times, I can say that I like the color and how it feels on the lips. Although, I am not such a fan of the way it applies, I like the finished result. It’s a nice color but I am not sure that it deserves all the hype around it (maybe I should try another color).



Another thing I got was this purple toned Smokey Eyes set by Catrice. (Believe or not, it is the first eye palette that I’ve gotten since buying the Naked 2 in April). It has 3 powdery and one cream eye shadow. The last one is quite dark and works lovely as eyeliner. The color payoff is really nice, they blend well and don’t have much fallout (if you don’t use the applicator that they came with, it is horrible!). You can create a variety of looks of them and they compliment my brown eyes perfectly. I really like this palette and am quite happy to have it.





The last thing is the I <3 EXTREME Crazy Volume mascara by Essence. I'm running out of my favorite mascara (The Rocket) so I had to get a new one. I found this one and it looked quite promising so I picked it up. First of all, the mascara itself is kind of huge and takes up quite a lot of space in my makeup bag. The product itself is very wet, which makes it rather hard to apply. I find that it works very well for me if I wipe the wand in a tissue, before applying it. The color is really black, which I like and it doesn’t smudge on me, so that is a big plus. Overall, the product is great and cheap and is worthy of a little more effort needed to apply it nicely.

My lashes after 1 coat of I <3 Extreme
Crazy Volume mascara.




Thanks for reading!

Rawr,
your Beautysaur










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...