Tuesday 10 February 2015

PINK inspirations

Valentine’s day is approaching, and no matter how you are planning to spend it, I think it is nice to take this opportunity to pamper yourself. Focusing on the pink theme, I picked some of my favorite products that I think are perfect for a relaxing day. 


MAKEUP



To create a soft, romantic look on the eyes, I love to use the colors in this rose gold inspired palette. There is a great selection of matte and shimmery shades that are perfect to create either a daytime or a night time look. The colors are soft and buttery, really easy to blend and last on the lips for the whole day.


Color Elixir in 710 Rose Redefined by Maybelline
As I already mentioned in my January Favorites, this product made me change my mind about lip glosses. To give your lips a lovely rose tint and make them look smooth and glossy at the same time, this is an amazing product. The lasting power is incredible, the texture smooth and non-sticky. The packaging is sleek and beautiful, making this a great product to carry around in your handbag.

If you are looking for something bolder and brighter, this would be a perfect product for you. This bright fuchsia-pink lip cream applies opaque and dries down to a completely matte finish.  The formula lasts incredibly long and makes this lipstick budge-proof even when kissing.

Stay With Me Long-lasting Lip gloss in 03 Candy Bar by Essence
For something more affordably and easier to use, I like using this coral-pink lip gloss. It gives the lips a nice color and shine, and doesn't make them feel too sticky.

Chubby Stick in 06 Woppin' Watermelon by Clinique
For a more low-maintenance look, this chubby stick works as a hybrid between lip balm and a lipstick. It gives the lips a bit of color, while keeping them smooth and moisturized. It's a great product for on-the-go, because it can easily be applied without a mirror.

I <3 Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara by Essence
To help enhance your eyes while spending the day with someone special, I suggest using this wallet-friendly mascara. It gives the lashes lots of length and volume, without clumping them. 

SCENT


I've talked about this one before, but I had to include it in this post as well. With its sweet scent, it makes a perfect scent for spending the day with your sweetheart.

Peony Eau de Toilette by L'Occitane
For those that prefer a fresher, more floral scent, I suggest my all-time favorite fragrance. The peony creates a beautiful floral fragrance with a feel of sophistication. The scent is incredibly long-lasting and wearing always puts me in such a romantic mood.


For something more affordable and fruity, I like the Framboise EDT. I already wrote about a post about it, so you can read more about it here.

SKINCARE


Pure Hydrating Shower gel by Aldo Vandini
For a soft and cozy scent while taking a shower, I picked the Pure shower gel with the scents of magnolia and cotton. The warm scent is perfect for a showering indulgence.

Flake Away Body Polish by Soap and Glory
For a smooth skin, I really like using body scrubs. This one has a griddy, but not too rough texture and a signature Soap&Glory scent. The fruity and sweet scent gets slightly addictive, and the texture is just right for a gentle scrub.

After using a scrub, I always like to moisturize my body. This body cream feels so soft and luxurious, and sinks into the skin very quickly. My skin feels so soft and firm after using this, plus it works great with the Peony EDT I mentioned above.


For soft, kissable lips, I love using this lip butter. I have a few of them, and love them all, but the Raspberry Rose is perfect for a romantic occasion like Valentine’s Day.

Pink Layered Statement Necklace
To add something special to the outfit, I love wearing statement necklaces. This was the latest addition to my collection, and I love it. It adds a nice bit of color to the outfit without being too big and obvious. 

 NAILPOLISH


A lovely pink nail polish with subtle shimmer and blue undertones. The formula is very smooth and applies in very thin coats. For full opacity you need two coats and your nails are left with a slight floral scent for a few days.

This soft bubble gum pink is a bit more youthful and adds some fun to the look. The formula of these polishes is amazing; it dries very quickly and lasts really long.

1 Seconde Nailpolish in 07 Fuchsia Bucolique by Bourjois

If you are not a straight-on-pink lover, I love this nail polish for a pinky-red color. This nail polish dries incredibly fast, and looks opaque in one coat, so it is perfect for when you are in a hurry.  

Last year, when I was a fresh new blogger, I wrote quite a few Valentine's Day blog posts, and I'm including the links here, if you would like to check them out as well:





Thank you for reading, and see you in my next post!

Rawr,
your Beautysaur

2 comments:

  1. Pink overload:)) Zanimiva objava in zelo lepe fotografije:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vsake toliko časa je pa treba na dan spustit svojo inner Barbie :D Hvala :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...