Wednesday 11 March 2015

New In My Beauty Stash #12 Spring Makeup

Day by day I am getting more excited for spring. The other day me and my mum went to our local drugstore to buy some bits and pieces for her trip, but there were so many amazing spring appropriate colors around me, that I got a bit carried away.


I wanted to get a lighter foundation for the spring times, and finally decided on the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream. There was a lot of hype around this product, when it came out last year, but I just wasn't convinced back then.  I did a lot of reading into it and I finally decided this was just what I was looking for. The product contains 3 pigments for color correction, apricot for anti-fatigue, green for anti-redness and white for anti-dark spots. It promises to offer 24 hour hydration and has an SPF 15.
I've tried it a few times by now, and so far I quite like it. It has a light to medium coverage, evens out the skin tone but still lets your natural features shine through. I'll have to test it out a bit more to give a full review, but I think this will be a great spring and summer product.
Even though I'm trying to achieve a more dewy and radiant look these days, I still have a problem with oiliness sometime, so I got this all about matt! fixing compact powder. It's a smooth white powder that applies transparent. For now, this worked just fine for me, but wasn't anything to special. I'll definitely use it up, but I will probably go back to Rimmel's Stay Matte when I finish this one.
Then I went a bit crazy in the nail polish department. I picked another one of Essence's Studio Nail Ultra Strong Nail Hardener. Ever since I got the first one of these, my nails stopped breaking and are growing fast and strong. I basically can't leave without this one anymore and they are on my forever repurchase list.
 As I went by the Catrice, I caught this one with the corner of my eye. It's a part of their Nude Purism collection and even though I was intrigued by quite a few products from the LE I settled on only buying the C03 Pure Blue. First of all, the packaging is beautiful, very similar to the regular packaging; but the lid is matte with a name of the collection written all over it and that makes all the difference. But the reason I simply couldn't leave it behind is the absolutely gorgeous baby blue color. It is one of those off-white colors, where you can just barely notice the blue hint. There is a lot of really tiny silver shimmer in the polish, that I can't really notice when the polish is applied to the nails.
I haven't yet had the chance to try out the other three polishes I got. The first one, Essence's 194 little lila town, is a lavender color with a metallic sheen. 
The other one is also from Essence, and it is one of the new liquid foil effects. It is a 29 i don't need money, honey! and it is a gorgeous mixture of tiny  silver and blue shimmer. 
The last one I got isn't really a spring color, but I can't resist a good black every once in a while. The 32 the black cat promises a latex matte finish and I couldn't resist, because I believe matte black nails are one of the most sophisticated nail colors.

I'm excited to start properly using this new product and really get into the spring mood with all these pretty spring colors.

How about you, are you excited for spring? What products are you looking forward to use in the springtime?

Thanks for reading and see you in my next post!

Rawr,

your Beautysaur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...