Tuesday 2 June 2015

May Favorites 2015


All of the sudden, it's June already, and I'm freaking out a little bit. We're almost half through the year and days are passing by like nobody's business. May was an incredibly hectic month for me. I had so many things I had to do at university as well as at work and to top it all off, hay fever has me sneezing and gasping for air all day, every day.

I've also been shopping like there is no tomorrow, I guess that after I put myself on a spending ban in April, I had to compensate with buying everything in May (maybe I should put myself on a spending ban again this month?). Therefore, I have lots of hauls and new reviews to write, which will eventually get posted, as soon as I find a bit of time. For now, let's just start with the last month's favorites, before I begin to rumble again:


SLEEK Blush by 3 palette in Pink Sprint
This month I finally tried the famous Sleek blushes. They were on my wish list for the longest time and after finally buying them, I’m wondering what I was waiting for! The pigmentation of this palette is simply out of this world, the slightest dab of the brush gives an incredible color payoff. I already posted a review of the two blush palettes I got, so if you want to know more, read this post.


Essie nail polish in Watermelon


Essie’s Watermelon caught my eye the first time I set my eyes on an Essie stand. However, it’s taken me almost two years to finally get it and I’m really glad I finally did. It is a perfect summer color, not really a pink but also not a red; it is just the right combination of both. 
As all Essie polishes I’ve tried so far, the formula is gorgeous to work with, smooth, thin and easy to apply. It dries quickly to a beautiful glossy finish. I’m not sure whether it’s down to the combination with polishes I’ll describe next or if it is just the formula, but the nail polish stayed on my nails for a whole week without a single chip. I had to change it only because the color on the tips was wearing off. So impressed!
 (Also, while I was wearing this polish, my dad complimented the color, and he almost never does that, so I there must be something to it!)


Essence gel base and top coat



The combination I was using with the above mentioned polish was this new-ish release from Essence. It’s the combination of a “gel” base and top coat, originally intended to use with the new Essence Gel nail polishes (which I also do and love!), but I started using it with other polishes as well.
 I’m not a huge fan of a true gel nails look, I think that they often look too thick and artificial, but this combination has me hooked! Combined with any colorful polish, they give the color a gorgeous glossy high-shine finish. I guess it’s thanks to these two polishes, that the color stays on my nails for a week or longer! 
Since Essence polishes are one of the most affordable (and one of the best) in the drugstores, these are a bargain you simply cannot miss.


Braun Silk Epil Xpressive epilator


In the past two months, I've been completely converted from shaving to epilation. I had this epilator for a few years now, and only used it a couple of time, because I just couldn't bear the pain. Last month I decided I simply had to go through with it, so I took a pain killer and spend the next hour torturing my legs. After two or three days, the process was much less painful and I was starting to notice amazing results! 
For a girl who had to shave her legs every other day, this is a miracle product! I could do nothing to my legs for a week and still get away with is, and I am now in love with this amazing torture device! I'll not get any more into this, because I am planning to do a whole post about it, but let's just say, that this is a life changer!


Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm
Hay fever means I have lots of trouble breathing through my nose, which usually results in me breathing through my mouth while I sleep. Consequently, I wake up with lips that are dryer than the desert. 
Since there is not much I can do about breathing right now, I've been literally slathering thick layers of this lip balm on my lips before sleep. Other lip balms usually work for me simply weren't good enough this time, and this one is my savior. 
After I use this, I wake up with my lips still feeling slightly moisturized, which is a huge improvement of their previous state. Currently, I just can't live without this little pot of magic.


Essence Long Lasting Eyeliners
Busy schedule means I don't have time to sit in front of the mirror and blend eyeshadows for hours. Instead of fussing with eyeshadows or cat-eye flicks (which are usually my go-to look) I've been loving this liners from Essence. 
I have five of them (no idea where the purple and black currently are though), and in the morning, I simply draw a line as close to my lashes as possible, and then slightly smudge it with a brush. With a little bit of mascara, the eyes look a bit more defined, and the whole look seems like I put a bit more effort in it. 
They are very pigmented, blends nicely and have a great staying power and given that they are also really affordable, it couldn't get much better that that!


Outlander series

As I mentioned in my intro ramble, I was incredibly busy in May. Busy for me usually means very stressed and the best way for me to relax is to read. I recently fell in love with a TV series called Outlander and once I figured out that it is based on a series of books, I was doomed.  
Now I carry my Kindle around with me anywhere I go, hoping that I would get a chance to squeeze in a few minutes of reading. 
I strongly reccomend this for you, especially the books, even though the series are just as enjoyable, mostly because of a certain Jamie Fraser (wink wink)… (check out the series, and you'll know what I'm talking about!) 


Peonies <3


The last, but definitely not least, are my beloved peonies. I've been waiting for them to bloom for the longest time, and now they finally have. They are beyond gorgeous and their scent is like a drug to me, I just can't get enough of them. I've been putting them in different bouquets and decorating different parts of the house with them. Can't wait to go and plant a few more in out garden!

Well, this brings us to the end of this (incredibly chatty) favorites post. I hope you enjoyed it and that is has inspired you to try something new! (if nothing else, give Outlander a chance!)

What was your favorite thing this month?

Thanks for reading and see you in my next post! 

Rawr,
your Beautysaur

4 comments:

  1. U, ta base in top coat od Essence pa morem obvezno kupit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Res se ju splača probat :) Pa čudovito zgledata v kombinaciji z Essence gel laki :)

      Delete
  2. Epilator je res life changing :) Uporabljam mojega že dosti let in si ne predstavljam biti brez njega.
    Essijev Watermelon je pa tako podcenjen lak. Ne govori se kaj dosti o njem, ampak meni je barva in formula izjemna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sem jezna sama nase, ker nism že prej malo "stisnla zobe" in začela uporabljat epilator, bi blo življenje dosti lažje :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...