Monday 7 December 2015

Blogmas Day 7: Wrapped in Red(s)

The time for festive parties and festive makeup looks always makes us reach for our favourite shades, may that be lipsticks, nail polish or anything else. 



The traditional Christmas colour is gorgeous in makeup looks and helps to create a timeless, sophisticated look. No matter the time of year, I always gravitate towards red lipstick when getting ready for a special occasion.
Today I want to share with you my favourite red tone products that I start reaching for more and more as December approaches:


Statement Red Earrings
When I comes to jewellery, I usually stick to the metals, especially silver and gold shades and therefore don't have much colourful jewellery. These however, are one of my absolute favourite pieces for the festive season.


Labello Fruity Shine Cherry
In the colder months it's always hard to maintain fully moisturized and healthy looking lips. When in hurry, I like to mix my lip care with a bit of colour, and one of my favourite product for that is the Labello with a bit of cherry tint.

KIKO Long-lasting Matte Lipstick in 22
This is one of my oldest and still one of my favourite lipsticks in my collection. This perfect matte finish from Kiko looks incredible on the lips and lasts on me beautifully.

Essence Merry Berry TE Lipstick in 03 red rocks
If you are not comfortable wearing a straight up red lipstick, Essence has a great pinky-red option in their holiday collection. The quality of the lipstick is amazing for the price and it quickly became one of my favourite festive makeup pieces.

L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Laetitia's Pure Red
Un piece the resistance in this post is the oh-so-famous L'Oreal's Laetitia, a deep berry-red that seems to suit practically anyone. The texture and quality are amazing, it has a gorgeous matte finish and lasts beautifully. If you were to buy one red lipstick for this festive season, I think you couldn't possibly go wrong with this.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me
Another product that I go for when my lips are feeling slightly dry is the Baby Lips lip balm in a lovely cherry tint. While not crazy moisturizing, it still feels nice and nourishing on the lips while adding a lovely cherry tint to them.


Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 304 Eclipse
By now it's probably not a surprise, that the Rimmel Apocalips are my absolute favourite liquid lipsticks. I love their texture and the way they wear on the lips and the colour selection has a bit of everything in it. An old favourite of mine is the shade Eclipse, a gorgeous berry-red that looks incredible on the lips.

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 400 Big Bang
When I am in the mood for a more obvious red, the shade Big Bang is my absolute favourite. A true red simply screams Christmas to me and it's perfect for the festive season.

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 402 Across the Universe
For a more muted, but still gorgeous red is the shade Across the Universe. It's the newest addition to my Apocalips family, but the quality is still amazing and will be very loved this December.

Essence Liquid Lipstick in 06 make a statement
If looking for a budget friendly option, Essence recently came out with a liquid lipstick line. While I'm not as impressed with it as with the Apocalips, they are still a nice option, and this shade is quite lovely for the winter time.


Primark P.S. Lip Balm
I found this little pot in Primark the other day, and bought it on a whim. It turns out that is works lovely either as a lip tint or as a blush and leaves you with a lovely pure red tint.

Lush Santa's Lip Scrub
To battle chapped lips, I love using sugar lip scrubs. My favourite are the Lush lip scrubs and this one is perfect for the festive months.  This one has a slight red tint to it and smells like Cola.

Freedom Pro Lipstick Pro Now 120 True Power
When this first came in the mail, I wasn't that impressed, but after trying it a couple of times, grew quite fond of it. It has a lovely smooth formula, and has a nice semi-sheer dark red colour. If you don't want to spend too much on a lipstick, this is a lovely choice.


Sleek Blush by 3 Pumpkin 363
Even though not all of the colours in the palette are red-toned, I find that the red and the orange compliment the festive shades beautifully. The shades are crazily pigmented and really good quality.


Maybelline Colorama Nail Polish in 75
As far as I remember, I mentioned this colour many times before, but here it is again, because it is a really gorgeous true red shade. The formula is nothing special, but if you are looking for a lovely red shade, this is great for the price.

Essie Nail Lacquer in Jump in My Jumpsuit
This is a shade that I chose last year at the end of December and I find it absolutely gorgeous. A slightly cooler-toned red shade looks absolutely glamorous on the nails and the Essie nail polish texture is simply impeccable.

L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Polish in Frieda’s Pure Red
Complementing the red shades in the lipstick line, the shades of nail polishes are just as impressive. This one is a fabulous red with lots of tiny shimmer that looks perfectly festive on the nails.

L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Polish in Laetitia's Pure Red
As mentioned above, the Laetitia's Pure Red shade is fantastic, and it looks great on the nails as well. The nail polish had lots of tiny silver shimmer that give the nails a nice shine and a festive vibe.

Essence Merry Berry TE Nail Polish in 04 red rocks
This shade is actually very borderline to a straight up pink, but in all honest has some red undertones in it. It would be a lovely choice for a younger girl who might not be into very deep, rich red shades yet.

Essence (Advent Calendar '15) I Heart Trends Nail Polish in 13 Rudolph's Favorite
The latest addition to my nail polish collection is the first bottle of nail polish I got from my Essence advent calendar. It's a gorgeous red shade with a hint of berry, an absolutely perfect colour for this season.


P.S.: Here is one of my favourite Christmas songs, “Wrapped in Red” by Kelly Clarkson (and yes, this is where I got the idea for the title of this post):



What are your favourite red toned products?

See you tomorrow!
Rawr,
your Beautysaur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...