Monday 21 November 2016

Autumn Makeup Menu


When it comes to autumnal makeup trends, I tend to be very traditional. As soon as the weather changes, I bring out all the rusty colors, and dark lip products and keep them on hand until the end of the year.
Over the past months, I've been lucky enough to receive quite a few autumnal makeup pieces and they work quite lovely together to create a quick and easy autumnal makeup look.


As a base, I usually like to go for something light, but pigmented and at least slightly mattifying, that will stay on my face for a good part of the day. The HD Liquid Coverage foundation by Catrice became a blogger favorite soon after its release, and I can completely understand why. Just a tiny amount is enough to create a natural and even finish that gets me through the day. Unfortunately, the shade (020 Rose Beige) I received is not exactly right for me, but with a bit of effort I can make it work just fine.

One of the pieces that I was most excited to receive was the L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt contouring palette. There were two in the PR package, but the shade 03 Medium/Dark is the one that works for me.  The cream to powder formula did take some time getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it ends up looking great. Personally, I use them on top of my liquid foundation and under my setting powder, to achieve the most natural look. I find it easiest to use a dense sculpting brush, but it might work just fine with your fingers or a beauty sponge. This would be a great product for someone just getting into the whole contouring world and doesn't want to look too exaggerated.

The L'Oreal Blush Sculpt- Trio Contouring Blush in the shade 102 Nude Beige looks quite overpowering in the pan, but a light dusting on the cheeks gives you a lovely, healthy glow to the face. On the plus side, this is a very multifunctional product, and I often use it on my eyes as well –the middle orange shade looks great in the crease, and the shimmery brown looks gorgeous all over the lid.


The Perfect Match Eyeshadow palette in 14C Gaucho Girl by Misslyn combines three gorgeous shades for a rusty, deep makeup look. While the matt taupe could use a bit help in the pigmentation department, the combination of all three looks very nice together.

There is no complete autumnal makeup without a black eyeliner for me and a little while ago I received a Longlasting Gel Eyeliner from Golden Rose that really surprised me. Quite handy with the liner brush already built into the packaging, the formula is a superstar. Rich, pigmented and creamy, it makes it easy to draw that perfect line which stays there as long as you want it to.


To make the eyes pop, I always rely on a good mascara. The Artdeco Long Lashes Mascara gives me long and defined lashes, and topped with the Ultra Volume Mascara by Golden Rose, my lashes look long, voluminous and defined. They both last well and are not hard to remove when the time comes.

To finish off the whole eye look I always pay some attention to the eyebrows. As the rest of the makeup is quite strong, I want them defined but not overwhelming. The Brow Artist Sculpt by L'Oreal has a handy applicator at the end of the brush that helps to define the brows and the applicator expands into a brush to help you set them in place. While it did take me quite a few tries to figure out how to make it work, I now tend to reach for it quite often when I want to quickly sort out my brows.


Last, but not least, come the lips, which are usually the focal point of my autumnal makeup looks. When working with darker colors I find it very useful to use a lip liner beforehand, to help with definition and precision. Made to stay lipliner in 60 Yee-Haw! by Misslyn is not as creamy as I usually like my lip liners to be, but is still easy enough to apply and makes all the difference with the lipstick that I apply next.

Wild Child, a dark deep berry lipstick by Misslyn is quite a statement when applied, and I like to blend it in with my finger to make it slightly sheerer and more appropriate for the daily wear. It is very creamy to apply, and has a very high-shine finish, but last for a really long time if blended with a tissue to create a stain.


Here is how the makeup ended up looking in the end, I love how season appropriate it looks and I really enjoy using all the product mentioned.


See you in my next post!

Rawr,
your Beautysaur


*The product were given to me for reviewing purposes, but all the opinions expressed are my own.

5 comments:

  1. Luškana! :)

    Se spravljam testirat tale puder od Catrice, moram nujno :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala :)
      Priporočam, je kar presenetljiv :D

      Delete
  2. Moram komentirat slike, čudovite so <3 Super objava :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Čudovite fotografije in prava jesenska barvna shema odtenkov ličil. Tudi sama obožujem rusty odtenke, ampak praktično skozi celo leto :D Mi je všeč, da nosiš šminko precej nosljivo za čez dan. Po swatchih sodeč izgleda res statement, na tebi pa izgleda precej naravno :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...