Friday 21 July 2017

L'Occitane Pivoine Sublime Lip Balm SPF 25 - Tender Red


Peonies have always been my favourite flowers and it's no wonder that L'Occitane's Peony line still reigns amongst my all-time-favourites. One of the newest additions to the collection were the Pivoine Sublime Tinted Lip Balms. Formulated with SPF 25 and perfecting peony extract, they provide the lips with necessary care and protection and offer a bit of coloured tint. 




I was kindly sent the Pivoine Sublime Tinted Lip Balm in a Tender Red shade to try out and it quickly became one of the only items I wore on my lips throughout summer. During the hot and humid months I tend to stay away from heavy lip products, but I still want a bit of colour on the lips. These lip balms turned out to be perfect. 



The moisturizing formula kept my lips feeling plump and hydrated and looking juicy (however, if your lips are extra chapped, this might not provide the necessary moisture). 


Formulation with SPF made sure that my lips were protected from the sun, whether I was at the beach or strolling through the city. 
The packaging is a heavy, well made metal tube that feels rich and sturdy, featuring a peony design and is coloured correspondingly to the product inside. 


The screw-on top ensures that the balm remains safe and closed when carried in a handbag or a pocket, which is highly appreciated. 


The pigmentation is surprisingly strong and applies evenly. The shade is a vibrant, semi-opaque and cool toned red that gives any make up look a sense of effortless sophistication. 


As with any other lip balm, the colour starts fading after a while, however it fades evenly and leaves behind a slight stain. I was a bit worried that the colour would be too tricky to apply without a mirror, but I find that I can get away with the no-mirror touch-ups on the go.


 If you are a peony lover you'll also enjoy the fact that balm also has the typical L'Occitane peony scent.


Available in L'Occitane stores and the store website.


Thanks for reading and see you in my next post!

Rawr,
your Beautysaur



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...